Claim your tax refund

Get your free no obligation claim pack

MOD Tax Rebate Claims

You could be owed a £2,500 tax refund for your travel expenses. Bases outside the UK are included, and you might also be able to claim for Mess Dress.

This is a complex claim and we’ve heard reports of some claims being rejected when submitted by inexperienced advisors. For that reason we would like to refer you to our expert partners who have obtained confirmation on the validity of claims both from HMRC and the MOD so you can have peace of mind that your refund is yours to keep when you receive it.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

Have you completed Phase 1 Training?

Have you been posted to a base for 2 years or less? (Excluding tours)

Did you use your own vehicle or public transport to get to those bases?

Based on the information you provided above, you won't be able to make a claim at this time.

Based on a sample of past refunds we have obtained matching the details you have provided:

Largest refund received: £-

Average refund received: £-


Total claims


Successful claims

< 2

Minutes to claim

Each tax year will be recalculated if you enter a claim. This often identifies other overpayments due to incorrect tax codes, multiple employments, ceasing of job, etc. In these cases we can identify a much larger tax rebate. We regularly identify rebates of over £1,000 for customers who were originally estimated a lower amount.

If you claim now you will receive tax relief for the current tax year and future years that allowances continue to apply, paid through your monthly pay. The value of this is usually £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

You don’t need to make any upfront payment to us in order for us to check if you are due a rebate.

We will ensure that your current year reliefs are correct and that your future year allowances are adjusted in line with the current year to ensure you are no longer being overtaxed. There will be no charge for this service.

The annual saving of £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year for the current and future years will not be subject to charge. You will receive this automatically in your pay once your tax code has been adjusted.

We will also check the earlier years to determine if you can claim back any previously overpaid tax. HMRC will pay any rebate due directly to us and we will forward payment to you, in due course, net of our deductions of 28%, plus VAT, where due, providing the net refund payment is £20 or more.

We will issue your refund through our Uniform Benefits payment card which you can withdraw cash on at a cashpoint or spend in shops or online like a normal debit card. If you use your card at selected retailers you can also earn additional cashback to continue to spend.

MOD Claim | About you

Select the tax years when you were employed in the specified sector
Do you or your accountant already prepare a self-assessment tax return?

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership?

As you are not UK resident we will need to refer your claim to our specialist partners who will be able to assess & process your claim. When you click 'Next >' below, we will forward your details and a specialist advisor will be in touch shortly.

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner,

Self Assessment Taxpayers

You could have overpaid tax by £{{ App.CustomerClaim.EstimatedClaim }} if the tax relief you listed was not claimed on your earlier returns.

As you are already within self assessment we would like to send you details of a highly competitive self assessment service from one of our expert partners. They can correct omissions in your earlier tax returns and ensure your annual returns are submitted on time every year, saving you a lot of stress and making sure you only pay the tax you need to.

Going forward the correct allowances applied to each annual return could save you £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

About you

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Confirm your details

Final Details

In order to process your claim we will need your National Insurance Number and your phone number

Save money on your energy bills

You qualify to join our Energy Club. This gives you special access to exclusive energy deals from the big energy companies that aren't available on the open market, so you could SAVE UP TO £537 on your energy bills.

Would you like to register for free, with no obligation? We’ll send you further details by email.

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Your current gas deal

Your current electricty deal

Thanks! You have completed your claim

Your unique claim reference is NMC{{ App.CustomerClaim.ClaimId }}

Please make a note of this reference or print this page as you will need your claim number if you return later to download your claim documents.

You will have been sent an email to confirm your documents have been generated, but for security reasons we do not send your documents by email.

Your claim documents will be automatically sent to you by post. You should receive them within 2 weeks.

In order to progress your claim you MUST complete the ALL the documents we send you and post them as described on the checklist you will receive. Failure to return the documents relating to your claim will result in your claim not being processed.

Quick Estimate - Find out how much you could get

NMC Tax Rebate - Tax Rebates for Nurses



As a nurse you spend your time caring for other people, but when it comes to your tax and personal finances who looks after your interests? Visit and we will help you claim a tax rebate – you are allowed to claim tax relief on certain expenses of your employment but often these allowances go unclaimed because many nurses have limited time or don’t know how to go about it. 

You can claim for:

NMC fees

If you are required to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council you can claim tax relief on the cost of your subscriptions. Usually anyone registered with the NMC can claim tax relief at around £20 per year or £40 per year for higher rate taxpayers. If you are already claiming tax relief on NMC fees it’s worth remembering that as NMC fees increased last year you may now be able to claim a little more tax back.
Also, you can also claim additional tax back on any fees you paid to register a subsequent qualification.

RCN membership

If you are a member of the Royal College of Nursing you can also claim tax relief on these subscriptions. If you pay the highest subscription rate you could be due around £39-£78 per year in tax. If you are a health care assistant you can also claim tax relief on RCN subscriptions paid at the HCA rate which is worth £20-£40 per year.

Union membership

If you work in healthcare you can claim tax relief on membership fees with Unison. The amount on which you are allowed to claim tax relief is restricted but if you pay the highest subscription rate you could be due around £35-£70 per year in tax.

Other professional subscriptions

A number of other professional organisations exist that as a nurse you may be a member of. Exemples of these are as follows; Association of British Paediatric Nurses (ABPN), Association of Occupational Health Nurse Practitioners (AOHP), UK MS Specialist Nurses Association (UKMSSNA), Neonatal Nurses Association (NNA), Royal College of Midwives (RCM), Association of Radical Midwives (ARM). If you're a member of any of these organisations you're likely to be entitled to and even larger rebate.

Professional indemnity insurance

If you have to pay professional indemnity insurance, for instance through providers such as the Medical Protection Society (MPS) you can also claim the tax back on the cost of your premiums. You’d usually get 20%-40% of what you paid back in tax.

Upkeep of equipment and uniform

Nurses are given an allowance to cover the cost of upkeep and laundry of their uniforms and this can be worth between £20 and £40 per year in tax, depending on which rate of tax you pay.
Don’t forget that nurses can claim an additional allowance for comfy shoes and tights. The allowance is relatively small but it can increase any rebate and tax relief by £3-£7 per year.
This all adds up – plus you can backdate your claim over the previous FOUR tax years, even if you’ve had several jobs or even left your job in nursing. And, for the current and future tax years, you can get tax relief through your tax code so you’ll get a little less tax deducted from your pay packet.
For the purposes of claiming these allowances Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has a broad definition of a nurse which includes “nurses and midwives of all grades and includes auxiliaries, students, nursing assistants and healthcare assistants or workers”. This definition will include most care workers so most workers engaged in nursing or direct patient care can be classed as nurses when it comes to making a claim.

How do I claim?

Visit and enter your details to get the forms to claim. It’s really easy to do and you can complete your part of the claim in less than 5 minutes.



Customer Testimonials

Click On An Image To Find Out More