Claim your tax refund

Get your free no obligation claim pack

MOD Tax Rebate Claims

You could be owed a £2,500 tax refund for your travel expenses. Bases outside the UK are included, and you might also be able to claim for Mess Dress.

This is a complex claim and we’ve heard reports of some claims being rejected when submitted by inexperienced advisors. For that reason we would like to refer you to our expert partners who have obtained confirmation on the validity of claims both from HMRC and the MOD so you can have peace of mind that your refund is yours to keep when you receive it.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

Have you completed Phase 1 Training?

Have you been posted to a base for 2 years or less? (Excluding tours)

Did you use your own vehicle or public transport to get to those bases?

Based on the information you provided above, you won't be able to make a claim at this time.

Based on a sample of past refunds we have obtained matching the details you have provided:

Largest refund received: £-

Average refund received: £-


Total claims


Successful claims

< 2

Minutes to claim

Each tax year will be recalculated if you enter a claim. This often identifies other overpayments due to incorrect tax codes, multiple employments, ceasing of job, etc. In these cases we can identify a much larger tax rebate. We regularly identify rebates of over £1,000 for customers who were originally estimated a lower amount.

If you claim now you will receive tax relief for the current tax year and future years that allowances continue to apply, paid through your monthly pay. The value of this is usually £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

You don’t need to make any upfront payment to us in order for us to check if you are due a rebate.

We will ensure that your current year reliefs are correct and that your future year allowances are adjusted in line with the current year to ensure you are no longer being overtaxed. There will be no charge for this service.

The annual saving of £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year for the current and future years will not be subject to charge. You will receive this automatically in your pay once your tax code has been adjusted.

We will also check the earlier years to determine if you can claim back any previously overpaid tax. HMRC will pay any rebate due directly to us and we will forward payment to you, in due course, net of our deductions of 28%, plus VAT, where due, providing the net refund payment is £20 or more.

We will issue your refund through our Uniform Benefits payment card which you can withdraw cash on at a cashpoint or spend in shops or online like a normal debit card. If you use your card at selected retailers you can also earn additional cashback to continue to spend.

MOD Claim | About you

Select the tax years when you were employed in the specified sector
Do you or your accountant already prepare a self-assessment tax return?

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership?

As you are not UK resident we will need to refer your claim to our specialist partners who will be able to assess & process your claim. When you click 'Next >' below, we will forward your details and a specialist advisor will be in touch shortly.

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner,

Self Assessment Taxpayers

You could have overpaid tax by £{{ App.CustomerClaim.EstimatedClaim }} if the tax relief you listed was not claimed on your earlier returns.

As you are already within self assessment we would like to send you details of a highly competitive self assessment service from one of our expert partners. They can correct omissions in your earlier tax returns and ensure your annual returns are submitted on time every year, saving you a lot of stress and making sure you only pay the tax you need to.

Going forward the correct allowances applied to each annual return could save you £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

About you

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Confirm your details

Final Details

In order to process your claim we will need your National Insurance Number and your phone number

Save money on your energy bills

You qualify to join our Energy Club. This gives you special access to exclusive energy deals from the big energy companies that aren't available on the open market, so you could SAVE UP TO £537 on your energy bills.

Would you like to register for free, with no obligation? We’ll send you further details by email.

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Your current gas deal

Your current electricty deal

Thanks! You have completed your claim

Your unique claim reference is NMC{{ App.CustomerClaim.ClaimId }}

Please make a note of this reference or print this page as you will need your claim number if you return later to download your claim documents.

You will have been sent an email to confirm your documents have been generated, but for security reasons we do not send your documents by email.

Your claim documents will be automatically sent to you by post. You should receive them within 2 weeks.

In order to progress your claim you MUST complete the ALL the documents we send you and post them as described on the checklist you will receive. Failure to return the documents relating to your claim will result in your claim not being processed.


Is it possible that I am already receiving this tax relief?

Some employers have engaged with the tax authorities to obtain these reliefs for certain employees, however most have not. It’s your responsibility to request tax relief where it’s due.
If you request the tax relief and you are already receiving it you won’t be defrauding the tax authorities, they will confirm this in writing. If you use our system and this happens, we won't charge you anything.

What records will I be asked to provide by my tax office after I have submitted my claim?

Your claim should go through without having any further correspondence with your tax office.
You will not need to provide details of your expenditure as the expense allowance is based on an agreed flat rate.

Will this refund be recovered from my employer?

No. The claim is made against your personal income tax liability and is recovered directly from HMRC. No claim will be made against your employer.

How quickly will I get my refund?

Most claims are completed within 12 weeks, however, this depends on the workload at your local tax office but if you have not received any correspondence within 4 months we recommend you resubmit the forms and we can lodge a new claim with HMRC.

How will my refund be paid?

We will send you a cheque for the tax you have overpaid in previous years, minus our claim charges.
For the current year and future years you will receive more money in your payslip. 

I've received a letter from HMRC confirming my refund, how much longer will I have to wait for my cheque?

It can take up to 4 weeks following HMRC's letter for payment to reach us. You will receive a cheque from us within 3 weeks of us receiving payment from HMRC, please note however this may take up to 7 weeks from receiving HMRC's letter.  If you haven't received a cheque within 9 weeks of HMRC's confirmation please contact us and we can look into it.  Please do not contact us unless you have been waiting for 9 weeks as it is likely that payment is still in transit to you and we will not be able to advise you of it's progress. 

I've received several tax computations from HMRC, but only one cheque from you, should I expect more cheques?

Although HMRC may send you a tax computation for each tax year the total amount of the refund will usually be the total refund listed at the bottom of HMRC's most recent calculation. This is because the refund at the bottom of each year's calculation is carried forward into the next year.  You should be able to find the total of the previous year's calculation in the "C - Adjustments" section of the calculation. The refunds we issue are strictly based on the amount we receive from HMRC.  The value of the cheque you receive should be the total refund at the bottom of the most recent P800T tax computation multiplied by 76% less £10. Under normal circumstances the full rebate will be settled by a single cheque.

What if my tax office doesn’t agree my claim?

We won't make any charges.